1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel i3 or AMD Quad Cpu?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lu Zhun, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lu Zhun

Lu Zhun Thread Starter

Hello. I am trying to decide with what I should go for. I am sure either would do fine as what I am going to put together is going to be for basic computing such as, opening and closing Microsoft word documents and folders frequently, have web browsers open, running multiple programs at once, etc.. not really for gaming or anything, but I would still like to get the better deal or better performing cpu for buck might say and am seeing what you all would recommend?

I am comparing the Intel Core i3 550 processor which is at 3.2ghz and having 4mb of L3 cache to the AMD Phenom X4 9450e Quad core cpu which is at 2.1ghz and saying it has 2mb of L2 cache and 2mb of L3 cache. :eek:

Which should I consider? Price difference isn't too big of a concern. I was thinking of going for the i3 since it is faster, but when I could get a quad core processor... hmm.. which would run better for basic computing? Would I really need 4 cores or end up using all 4 cores? or should I just stay with the Intel? I am not too picky on deciding between Intel or AMD ;). I am sure each has their own unique technologies and advantages? :D Well the responses to this should be interesting anyways. Hopefully something like this hasn't already been posted and here I am bringing it up again if it has been. Well, looking forward to the responses. If anymore information is needed, please let me know. I'll check back regularly. Have a nice day! =)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice