1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel P4 3.0ghz Advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lax987, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lax987

lax987 Thread Starter

Please Help- Does anyone on here have a 3.0ghz P4 or know someone who does. On another forum i was told ---->>> "its not acually the processor that makes the biggest difference in gaming performence. Its the video card that does. You can put a top of the line 3.8ghz P4 with a bad card, and it wont even get half the fps of a low end AMD sempron 2200 with a good card.
    Get a 2.8c or above, a 9800pro or above, a gig of ddr400 ram, and a decent 7200rpm 8mb cache harddrive, and you'll fly through your games"
    Do you guy's agree with this???

2. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

I agree.

It all depends on the game. Some games have a big reliability on the video card and some have a bigger reliability on the CPU, depends what you play, like for instance, Battlefield 1942 has a big reliability on the CPU so even with a semi crappy card you could get by playing it on lowest settings maybe.

Yes, what you list there would make a great gaming machine.

3. batman44

batman44

ih

i wood say your pc is a very good pc for games.
    i have played losts ov pc games in my time my pc is onway *** good ***
    yours i whos useing a (ati 9200 128 meg agp x8) and i thort that this card wos
    good for all my games
    p4 are very good cpus i have a 1.7gig p4 and i love this cpu setup
    i wood try doom3 to see if your pc is up to playing top spek games. :D

4. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

Yeah, Carls's right. So's batman. It's actually a balance that gives the best fps. Basically saying, make sure the processor is of the same level as the video card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323812

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice