1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel Pro 1000 MT and Red Hat 9 woes.

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by godlike, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godlike

godlike Thread Starter

I just finished installing Redhat 9 on a new system designed specifically for lan file storage. I have about 500 gigabytes of data to backup and im expierencing preformance issues transfering the data from XP to Linux.

For example I logged into the linux box via ftp and was only getting 6 - 8 mbp/s from both directions. After playing with the MTU a bit on both systems I found that 6000 gave these results. Now its transfering at

XP >> Linux 48.08 Mb/s
    XP << Linux 11.01 Mb/s

Both system have identical hardware. Only the OS is different. Is there anyway to find the "perfect" MTU and TCP window sizes for this setup? Also how do I change TCP send/recieve window in Redhat 9? I use drtcp in XP.

The systems are connected via CAT5E crossover cable (thats about 20 ft. long) there are no problems with the cable as I have tried several different brands and lengths with the same results.
    My knowledge of linux is very limited and I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks in Advance.

2. godlike

godlike Thread Starter

anyone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice