1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel Quad - MOBO help?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HomeBuiltintex, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeBuiltintex

HomeBuiltintex Thread Starter

Ok I ma in need of replacing a burned out mobo from gigabyte. I want the quad. I run some pretty intense engineering progs and a lot of heavy duty graphting progs, usualy all at the same time (and maybe a game or two..shhh dont tell the boss!) and so, I need to replace the old mobo but want to upgrade to the new quad 3ghz or the 3ghz extreme.

My one question is this...

Which mobo and why? I have the ram, the periph's and stuff. I also would like to have the pci and pci express's.

So which mobo? I already have some hot ddr2's. If I have to get the 3's then Ill have to wait a tad longer for more cash for the new ram.

But so far all I need really is the mobo and the cpu.

HALP!

2. BG-0

BG-0

3. HomeBuiltintex

HomeBuiltintex Thread Starter

Thanks. I had been eyeballing the intel board but I had this itchy feeling in my eye that was saying that it wssnt the board for me.

lol

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/762767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice