1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel(R) 82865G Update Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Norreb01, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norreb01

Norreb01 Thread Starter

Recently, a certain family member of mine accidentally uninstalled our Intel(R) 82865G Graphics controller. I did not realize what they had done until I logged on to the computer and everything was very big. In fact, the pixels on the display menu of the control panel would not even move.

So I got on to the internet and found that I needed to reinstall this driver. I have tried numerous times to reinstall this driver or graphics controller (sorry I am not up-to-date on computer terms) and I have had no success. The Intel site is a joke when it comes to technical support. I have searched through their support base and I am coming up with nothing.

In the device manager, under Display adapters, there is a yellow ! sign next to the Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller. I try to update it and there is always an error. Also, when I think I uninstall the graphics controller and reboot, a yellow bubble in the right hand side of my screen pops up and says that new hardware was found. I thought I had fixed the issue, but as soon as I go to play the Sims 2 game it crashes. The warning says something along the lines of a driver being in an infinite loop.

Does anyone know why I am unable to update the latest driver? I feel like I am at a dead-end with this darn thing. Can anyone help?:confused:

2. qldit

qldit

Good Afternoon Norreb01, sometimes these kinds of problems need to be addressed by removing all traces of the previous driver.
    You may be aware remnants of a corrupted previous driver may remain in the database.

You need to identify your video card manufacturer, then check their site for a driver removal tool for the applicable situation.
    Ensure everything is proper and the machine at least boots normally in Safe mode. (hit F8 at boot in needed.)

When you are happy the machine still operates (in low res, screen size) you should then be able to introduce a proper driver for that card using it's install method.

Sometimes the latest drivers may not be the best.

Worth a try.

Cheers, qldit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice