1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel (r) AIM External Flat Panel Driver 6

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lilfairywren, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lilfairywren

lilfairywren Thread Starter

Hello members...

New Found Hardware and Nortons, SP2 related problems for XP!!

I'm new to this game and I have a just few problems. I hope this note makes sense... :confused:

Ever since downloading Microsoft's XP SP2, my system has gone to the pack completely!! I need someone who would be kind enough to help me through my hour of need!! :confused:

The first thing I noticed that Nortons' (NIS 2004) has banned me from being Supervisor and has refused me access, so I now can't enable my previous settings prior to SP2 download, everything has been disabled, so now it's not working nor is it protecting my puter, however Nortons Antivirus is working but they come together and should work together!!

I cannot even uninstall it!!

I thought that if I uninstalled Norton's and then reinstalled it, that it might sort the problem out but sadly this was not the case because once again I am not the supervisor and I do not have supervisor access, which is a pain. Fancy being banned from urr own puter, not good!!

My puter also has other problems like Found New Hardware!! Windows is telling to me insert a CD Rom, for this new found hardware, gawd blimey! I'm so confused! This is what the wizard continually wants me to install -
    Intel (r) AIM External Flat Panel Driver 6! What in heavens name is
    this and what CD Rom do I need to install it from???

Each time I open Microsoft Outlook for my emails I get a message saying... The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\sustem32\avgxch32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu!! Well I did that three times and it's still coming up. I went into regedit and deleted the AVG software folders but I'm still getting this message. Just to add I was using AVG along side Norton's without any problems but when I download SP2, Norton's refused to let me use AVG and listed it in the not Trusted Zone and refused me access to it. I thought I had delted the AVG folders & files, but obviously not!! Coz I keep getting the above message thrown in my face...geeeze I dunno!!

I'm not sure nor do I understand about this Window's Operating XP System Administrator or the silly firewall and when I downloaded the SP2 all of a sudden my puter was like fort knox and that's when the problems all started from there, all about security.

I have uninstalled SP2 because I just couldn't get things to go right. I restored my puter back to before it was done but Norton's still ain't working, I've done all the right things.

Also, I wanted to use smileys from smiley's central and so downloaded those cute little things but My Web Search attached itself to my hard drive which caused Norton's to pick up hackers hky problems etc, ect. So when I found that out, I tried to uninstall MWS but it wouldn't uninstall all folders.

My Web Search has two files which will not delete. I would like to get them MWSOEMON.EXE & MWSOESTB.Dll completely out of my system, just will not let me do it and being a beginner/novice I'm frightened that I may of stuffed things up in my Registry since going into regedit ...anyway the problems just seem to continue...

I think that is enuff to start with and if there is anyone who is clever enuff, and is able to help me with this, then I sure would appreciate it...

Thanks lil...

2. zmaster

zmaster

To gain access, do this.
    Reboot your computer. While its loading up press F8 continually. It will bring up a screen of options. Choose load windows in safe mode. Login as administrator. Click Start --> control panel --> user profiles (i think its called) --> change an account ---> click on your account that you login in as normally --> give yourself admin rights.

While in safe mode:
    Click start --> run -->regedit
    follow this guide to fix the problem of "C:\WINDOWS\sustem32\avgxch32.dll"

Reboot your pc

Heres a Link for your problem of AIM External Flat Panel Driver 6. <-- you'll have to scroll down a little

Problem with Mwsoemon.exe --> Click here

After you have done all this post what other problems you have

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Before you installed SP2, did you read the list of software problems SP2 had? I believe Norton is one of them. You would have been advised to update Norton prior to installing SP2, I think.

4. lilfairywren

lilfairywren Thread Starter

Thanks for help ev1...sorry I've been pretty sick of late so haven't been able to attend the forum to say thanks to the above members who were kind enough to offer opinions etc...and to Smevan in UK I love the name lilfairywren too. I tried to send a reply post and an email but I am not allowed to do either...so thanks for compliment re the name lilfairywren...

Bye cya Lilfairywren...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice