1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Intel Smart Connect Tech program not starting upon boot

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by etherdose, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. etherdose

etherdose Thread Starter

First Name:
    Michael
    Well......

I keep getting this error.
    [​IMG]

and although I installed it recently and it worked for a while, now it keeps doing this and even on this page (of the picture) it won't let me make any selections. I don't believe I have blocked the process on load with Iobit or 360 anti virus. I need help. Thank you to any who jump in on this one. :~)

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Try disabling Iobit and 360 AV and see if it starts working.

3. etherdose

etherdose Thread Starter

First Name:
    Michael
    Tried that. On startup it's always this error:
    [​IMG]

VERY frustrating and the speed I had seems gone. Maybe there is a mother board diagnosis program software out there? Maybe a better over clocker program?? This is a hot mess and not sure where to start. Any help please?

(my build info is in my profile information)

4. etherdose

etherdose Thread Starter

First Name:
    Michael
    *Bump please*

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  6. etherdose

etherdose Thread Starter

First Name:
    Michael
    Yes....in fact it all started because I was looking to flash my Bios to something newer. I did a search on the type of motherboard and took note of the version of the bios while in bios itself. In selecting the motherboard from a list and selecting both my OS and bit type (64), I also saw a recommended overclocking utility, and quick load utility and a "smart connect" utility. I downloaded all of them and used them all. This is when one of them started to not work upon startup.

7. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Why did you have the need to flash the bios?

Also any one of these utilities could be the cause.
    I would reset things back to where they should be and uninstall these utilities.

8. etherdose

etherdose Thread Starter

First Name:
    Michael
    The Bios I flashed in favor of extra settings that were added to the motherboard bios. However...I decided to uninstall this utility like you mentioned. This didn't solve the issue of using it, but it did solve the nagging of it on OS loading, (plus the fact that it was eating up a bit of resources.) Thanks!!!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1175133

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice