1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel Speed Step / Turbo Boost

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Rainstorm88, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainstorm88

Rainstorm88 Thread Starter

Hello, Im kind of new here so just ask for more details if i am lacking!

I have a new Dell xps15 laptop with the i7-2720QM processor

It is said to run at 2,2ghz and speed step up to 3.3ghz.

Using CPU-Z i can see it self stepping from 2.2ghz down to 700mhz (when not in use) but i NEVER see it step up to 3.3ghz. ANyone have any idea WHY this is? or how i can enable the processor to access the Higher level of processing, A google search just takes me to DELL or Intel website where I get no help at all :(.

I have Tried Stress Testers on my CPU on all 4 cores (maxes at 2.2ghz) and One core alone using prime95 and still CPU-Z reads 2.2ghz.

Sorry if this isn't too clear but if you need anymore information please ask! :)

Thanks alot!

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    win2kpro is the expert here that I get advice from on Intel processors and Intel motherboards. Send him a private message and see if he can assist you.

It may just be a matter of going to Control Panel - Power Options and making some changes in "Change advanced power settings".

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. Rainstorm88

Rainstorm88 Thread Starter

thanks dude :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1005309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice