1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel Turbo Memory, DX58SO, Windows 7, Ready Boost - Worth it ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rumblefish, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Thread Starter

Here is the problem I have.

I am a "proud owner" of a DX58SO "Smackover" Intel Motherboard, which so far hasn't disappointed me, but I have some serious issues which are rather annoying.

1. Boot times are slow. Really. I Googled for a solution and I found others have been complaining of this as well. Seems like DX58SO is a notorious slow booter.
    2. My Razer Naga mouse never gets detected properly. Who knows why, it's just an issue I am mentioning for others who will find this thread after me. My Razer Anansi Keyboard works fine, though. Do figure.

Now, the main problem I am coming here for is to ask if Windows Ready Boost on Windows 7, which I already use to speed up my Windows will conflict with Intel Turbo Memory, which is supposed to also help speed up boot times. Is it really worth it to use ? How much gain will Intel Turbo Memory give me in regards to boot times ? Anyone got any experience with this ?

Just on a side note, since Razer Support have been very reluctant to answer this question, is plugging my Razer Naga mouse into a Powered USB Port going to hurt its extended functionality, like Macro Recording and Key Mapping ?

I would be very grateful for any input you can give me on these issues.

Here are my system specs.

DX58SO
    Corsair 850W PSU
    8GB RAM
    i7 920 @ 2.66GHz
    8GB ReadyBoost Dedicated Flash Drive
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 with Latest Updates
    Boot Type - UEFI Boot

Since this is hardly the time for a motherboard upgrade due to USB 3.0 being just around the corner, Super Speed SATA 6.0Gbps becoming more popular and SSD drives getting cheaper and bigger by the day, I really think Intel Turbo Memory would be a life-saver for the moment, or at least it will save the day, if it can work and get along with Windows 7 ReadyBoost.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1015592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice