1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

intel turbo memory NAND driver no floppy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by johnggeo, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johnggeo

johnggeo Thread Starter

First of all sorry for my bad english lang.The problem is about a lg r500 series laptop.I bought it with win vista but i wanted xp.Accidently with an old fdisc i erased all partitions.There were two of them one of 1gb and one other of about 151 gb.The disc that laptop has is 160 gb.The laptop has the ability of intel turbo memory.In the first partition of 1 gb were the drivers of raid card.After i erased it i cann't have the turbo memory ability.I found the drivers in intel site but they need flopy drive to install them (during the win installation by f6) and the laptop hasn't one.I have the same problem installing xp or vista.Please help

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is it a SATA drive? You need the SATA drivers at F6, but only for XP. Vista already supports SATA.

3. johnggeo

johnggeo Thread Starter

Thanks for your help.Yes it is sata drive but i have the same problem in vista too.After erasing the 1 gb partition ,under storage controlers in control panel device manager, i have ready the intel turbo memory but i have a pci card not working.In the xp i have a not working pci controll memory under SCASI and RAID controllers in control panel device manager.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Before attempting to install xp on a laptop that has vista, you need to make sure there are drivers for ALL of your hardware. Since this is a laptop, you would need to search the downloads for your laptop. If there are no xp drivers offered, I would reinstall vista from the recovery disk.

Without drivers for xp, it is really a waste of time.

5. johnggeo

johnggeo Thread Starter

Hello again.Thank you for your advice.I install vista yesterday but the problem remains.At controll panel,storage controllers the intel flash cache logic chip don't start working allthough i have the vista drivers.Do you have any idea for that.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/710468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice