1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel virtualization technology killed mouse and keyboard input?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ishamm, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ishamm

ishamm Thread Starter

While in uefi bios on my ivy bridge rig I enable virtualization tech by mistake, and since then, even after disabling and loading defaults I can't get any most or keyboard input.. Can anyone help
    Thanks

2. ishamm

ishamm Thread Starter

UPDATE: the issue seems to extend to all usb peripherals, which work fine in bios, but then stop working after the splash screen. this includes a usb wifi aerial :S i cant even get into safe mode (at least any way that i know of) as the keyboard is dead before the nessessary fkey can be pressed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089455

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice