1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intel Wireless Network Adapter not showing in device manager

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Aakrit, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aakrit

Aakrit Thread Starter

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
    Hello everyone!
    I have a LENOVO Z51-70 and i recently installed a WINDOWS 10 on it.
    I am unable to host hotspot on my laptop ever since. This is because in the device manager list, under network adapters heading i am only getting these two names:
    Quallcom Atheros QCA61x4 wireless network adapter and
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller
    However there is no Intel wireless virtual network adapter.
    This is happening even after i have installed all the relevant drivers on my laptop for windows 10 from lenovo website
    I have installed the intel PRO wireless toolkit and run tests on it.
    In the hardware test it failed and says "wireless hardware not bound to transport driver"
    PLEASE help me!
    The ethernet works fine and i can take hotspots from people. But i cant create my own!!
    I am attaching relelvant pics here.
    PS: I have updated my drivers from the lenovo website often. and from the intel website as well.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Please give us a link to this special software that is supposed to work with a non-Intel wireless adapter.

3. Aakrit

Aakrit Thread Starter

what u mean? :/ sarcasm? i am noob in this field. i dont know anything. i saw on the internet that there is supposed to be a intel wireless adapter in the device list under network adapter heading. Is it not supposed to be? Can u please just tell me what i should do to get my hotspot started? please. also when i start hotspot via command prompt it says that "hostednetwork support : no". PLEASE HELP ME

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    My interpretation of your initial post is that you have an Atheros wireless adapter but found some Intel software that is supposed to work with that. I have never heard of such a thing, so asked for the link so that I could learn something new (and then maybe provide some help to you).

If my interpretation is incorrect then please try to correct me (or wait to see if somebody who better understands responds).

When you say "i saw on the internet that there is supposed to be a intel wireless adapter" do you mean that the specs for your LENOVO Z51-70 include an Intel wireless adapter, but yours came with a different adapter? If so, contact Lenovo.

5. Aakrit

Aakrit Thread Starter

no i just read an article on wikihow about hosting hotspot in that the snapshots had a intel wireless adapter and so i thought i was supposed to have one too. i am hereby adding the link to the drivers i have installed on my laptop.
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...ovo-z-series-laptops/z51-70?TabName=Downloads
    please note that if you get drop down menus in the link above then please just select windows 10 64 bit. i have all the drivers on that list installed in my pc.

6. Aakrit

Aakrit Thread Starter

could you please tell me how i can find out what company hardware i have for wireless? maybe then i can simply give you the specifications of my laptop properly and then u can guide me

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Lenovo Z51-70 Laptop

Select your hardware device and then select "Windows 10 32-bit" or "Windows 10 64-bit" to obtain the driver(s) that you need.

---------------------------------------------------------------

8. Aakrit

Aakrit Thread Starter

on it. Hang on. :D thank you for the help everyone. I hope it works.

9. Aakrit

Aakrit Thread Starter

That version doesnt show up in the drivers list of lenovo site. i googled that version and found it on some other site. then i downloaded it and i got some few files none of which is of the type "application" so i cant run it.
    Here is the link of what i downloaded: http://devid.drp.su/ms/detail.php?id=ae665c6f-1d33-413a-8066-796cb777bb91
    and i am attaching the snaps of the lenovo website and the files that i got after downloading from the other website whose link i have above mentioned.
    Please note that from the lenovo website i have already installed everything relevant to windows 10. Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

10. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  11. Aakrit

Aakrit Thread Starter

already have it installed sir. Still not having a hostednetwork support

12. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    That Lenovo list of drivers shows that your model laptop came with either an Intel or an Atheros wireless adapter. Unfortunately for what you want to do yours did not come with the Intel one (as you can tell by looking at the Device Manager screenshot in your initial post). Sorry for the confusion.

13. Aakrit

Aakrit Thread Starter

So what do i do now sir? :( will my hotspot work?

14. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1157135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice