Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intellimouse Bites.

682 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Nocontact 
#1 ·
I'm using a microsoft intellimouse wireless explorer and it's driving me crazy. Everytime I pause to so something (like type this for example) the sensor light turns off and when I go to use it again it's dead. I think that's it's to save battery power but it's ridiculous because I have to lift it up, or wave it around to get it going again. It's really been frustrating but I don't want to give up on it yet b/c it was pricey. I'm connected by USB and I've followed all the normal troubleshooting ideas, my PC is clean too, so I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this mouse and what they've dealt with. Thanks.

#2 ·
I got my wife a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse. Only $29.99 after rebate. Had problems with the cursor jumping down and left on her while in use.
Checked Amazon and CC comments on the product. Some others had the same problem. One said he was able to solve the problem by adjusting the options that the driver gives you. I tried that and thought I made a difference but the problem still occured, just not as frequently.
We now just use the keyboard and retired the mouse.

What kid of a surface is your mouse seeing. Does it have enough variation in it for the mouse to detect movement easily.
Is your receiver close enough for good communication. It can get marginal at a distance or behind something.

You probably tried those obvious things.
You might want to go to Amazon, CC, New Egg, etc for comments from those that purchased the exact same product. Microsoft Knowledge base may offer something.

Personally I'm going to stick with Logitech for all future purchases in this area. Best of Luck

#6 ·
Originally posted by Nocontact:
What am I looking for in safe mode? It seems to be pretty much the same but I don't spend much time in there, it's just to make an adjustment or two and then go back to normal.
Just wanting to see if it may be software related. If it does the same thing in safemode, I'd say it's the mouse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.