1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intellimouse Explorer addit. buttons problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neva, Feb 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neva

Neva Thread Starter

I have Intellimouse Explorer optical mouse from MS on NT4 system. The problem is with two side buttons (fourth and fifth), after a while they stop working. Their functions restore after reboot. If I try to re-enter settings using systerm utility, it usually does not work before reboot.
    I have the latest driver 3.2 from MS.
    M/b A-Open.

Thanks

2. LarryCore

LarryCore

I have the same mouse and have never had any trouble in NT 4 with it.

Well, wait - I had one problem. I turned off the mouse icon in the system tray and my settings (double click for pusing the wheel in) stopped working. Do you have the icon turned on?

You say "after a while"... what does that mean? Are you sure it is based on time? It is more likely a software issue - you are running something else that is killing the mouse driver. You can test this by booting up and not doing anything - just let the machine sit for a few hours.

3. Neva

Neva Thread Starter

> I turned off the mouse icon in the system tray
    It worked w/out icon in the system tray until recently. Now I re-installed the icon, but it did not help.
    > It is more likely a software issue
    Obviously. The problem is it is difficult to track a culprit s/w. For a while I thought it is due to Java VM (after Java app is terminated, two buttons often cease to response), but now I'm not sure.

I tried to re-install previous driver version 3.1, but it did not help. In fact the mouse with driver worked fine for about a year, and I can not pinpoint the cause.

Thanks for suggestion. Do know of any other possible cause?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/35248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice