1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

intellimouse explorer movement speed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tommygunner, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tommygunner

tommygunner Thread Starter

I have Intellimouse Explorer mouse and am using it with Windows Xp on my new Abit 865chipset system (I have latest BIOS). It works fine except that speed often kicks down after system has been up a while. I have two monitors hooked up and I have mouse set to a high speed so that I can move cursor from one monitor to another without having to move mouse all over keypad too much.

Anyhow, it works fine after bootup but sometimes will slow down to regular slow speed after it has been on a few hours. I looked at Mouse control thing and acceleration and everything seems to be set in place.

The only way I have found to fix this is to reboot. I'm wondering if anyone has a fix for this?

2. bistro

bistro

Not sure.....but it would be interesting to check Device Manager when that mouse slows down...see if there are any exclamation marks next to the device listing. This isn't a USB mouse is it?

3. tommygunner

tommygunner Thread Starter

NO, device listings are all good, no exclamations. Mouse is usb mouse with ps2 adapter.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/146888

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice