1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intellimouse help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moroniccow, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moroniccow

moroniccow Thread Starter

ok. this guy gave me this mouse. with no driver or no software. he said i needed the driver. so i plugged it in. its a usb mouse and the full name on the bottom is IntelliMouse Explorer USB and PS/2 Compatible 5V 100mA. So i went to microsoft downloaded the whole intellimouse driver. selected what the mouse was. and i restarted. then i load back up and it doesnt work. i unistalled it and let the computer recognise it and reinstall it and it did that but still didnt work. and the messages come up that is malfunctioning. Any help? Thanks

2. Sponsor

3. norton850

norton850

How do you know that the mouse worked to begin with?

4. moroniccow

because the guy used it. then he got a wireless one and just gave me this one... it worked for like 2 minutes. then stopped working.

5. Deathblow

Deathblow

Did you check to see if the old mouse was uninstalled, perhaps there's a conflict.

6. moroniccow

hmm no. my old mouse i got with my comp. it is just a compaq mouse. nuthing special.. i currently have both pluged in. the usb intellimouse and my compaq mouse.

7. Deathblow

Deathblow

Oh, well, maybe try unplugging the old one, that right there could be conflicting.

8. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

Unplug the compaq one

9. moroniccow

i tryed that but it didnt work... same message so i am going to restart with the compaq one out and see if that works

Edit: didnt work.. same problem...

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/397707

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice