1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

intellimouse optical skipping

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by reneirwolf878, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. reneirwolf878

reneirwolf878 Thread Starter

I ve upgraded to XP for a about 4 weeks now and I realized that I cannot use the 2 extra side functions of my mouse because i have not installed the intellipoint software. I installed it and now the mouse is slighty jumpier than it was before. Help?

2. Sponsor

3. Jtoast

Jtoast

If you installed from the cd that came with the mouse, I would check the manf website for an xp software update

4. reneirwolf878

I downloaded from Ms's website.

5. frenat

frenat

Look in the mouse settings in the control panel. The two settings you are interested in are under the Pointer options tab. Check and adjust the pointer speed and more likely the cause of the problem, uncheck the box for Snap To. This "feature" automatically moves the pointer to the default button in a dialog box and will cause the pointer to jump there whenever a new application is run.

6. reneirwolf878

I think that it was the mouse. I switched from teh Intellimouse optical to the wheel mouse optical, no more skipping. But the intellimouse doesnt skip on the other computer.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!