1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IntelliMouse scroll problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nayland, Jun 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nayland

nayland Thread Starter

My MS IntelliMouse will not scroll in WordPerfect. It used to,but not now.
    What should I do to get it to scroll?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi, nayland and welcome,

Try going into the control panel, go to the mouse and see if that option got disabled.

If that doesn't work, you might try re-installing the mouse, or go to the manufacturer's website and make sure you have the most current drivers.

3. Piano Man

Piano Man Guest

If you are talking about the scroll wheel on your mouse, make sure you have the proper drivers installed for it.

As Candy said, check to make sure it's not disabled in your control panel.

Does it work in other applications? Are you having problems in just WordPerfect? Did you notice the problem began after installed a new piece of hardware or software?

(Hi Candy).

<font color="blue" size="7" face="comic sans ms"><b><marquee direction="right">Piano Man</marquee></b></font>

[Edited by Piano Man on 06-14-2001 at 12:18 PM]

4. ~Candy~

Here is a reply I received from the user:

This is the message:

Hi Candy!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my problem. I really appreciate it!

My IntelliMouse operates without any scroll problems at all with everything but WordPerfect.
    It used to operate in WP without any difficulty. But this is a new PC with everything transferred from the old one, and now the scroll doesn't work with WP.

I went to the Control Panel under Mouse and there was nothing there to either activate or deactivate the scroll button. The picture on the Control Panel shows a mouse with only the right and left buttons, not the scroll roller in the middle.

I can't figure out why it works with everything else, but has decided it doesn't like to play
    with the guys in WP!

Any other suggestions?

A. N. Page

5. ~Candy~

And my response to the user:

Well, then, what I would try is to reinstall WP......maybe it'll decide it likes the mouse again.....

Keep in mind that if you have downloaded any fixes or patches online, those will need to be reapplied as well.....best of luck.

I will also post your e-mail and my reply back to the site so everyone can follow along on your progress!

(We meet again, Piano Man!!!)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/46116

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice