Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intellimouse w/IntelliEye 1.0

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Greg13579 
#1 ·
I have a major problem with my Intellimouse. When the computer is on, the mouse will work normally SOMETIMES, but most of the time it just jumps around and clicks on everything that's on screen!
I went to Microsoft.com, and I couldn't get through to them. Some help they were. The mouse causes the computer to freeze up sometimes, and that never happens on my computer. I don't know what to do. I've been getting so mad over this I was thinking I would just buy another mouse. Anyways, here's the written stuff on the bottom of the mouse:
Intellimouse w\IntelliEye 1.0
USB and PS/2 Compatible

Its a intellimouse with a laser thingy in it. I havent been able to use it at all in the last two days and since then I've been navigating my computer with my keyboard.

#3 ·
Yeah its everythings installed, its plugged in, and everything. But just not two minutes after I wrote the first message, the mouse mysteriously stops goofin up. I didn't change a single thing. Heh, guess this thing does have a mind of its own. Anyway I played my game for two hours and it didn't bother me. I have no idea why it suddenly works. But I left some info out of the first message; I had bought a game called Arcanum and installed it. It ran really slow, and made the computer work hard. Then it started screwing up. I uninstalled it and everything else I didn't play and the mouse seemed to lighten up a little and act partially normal. Then about six hours later it went back to messing up full time. once again, I have no idea why it just started working out of the blue. Thanks for trying to help me guys!

Greg

#4 ·
I feel pretty stupid right now for thinking that the mouse had fixed itself.... it started acting up really bad when I played Diablo II and I think that games that are hard on my mouse make it worse, but I don't know if thats true. I've had a really bad day with this mouse and I've about given up hope. This computer isn't mine, its my dads, and hes kinda perculiar about how he arranges stuff in here. However, hes in Afghanistan with a lap top and I don't think that the problem can be fixed four thousand miles away.
Yes, i am a newbie, I don't know much about hardware, and I'm still looking for my mouse driver disk. But my dad fixed the mouse somehow last time it messed up and I can't figure out what he did. He said it was his two joysticks, a Thrustmaster F-16 and a F-16 FLCS. Anyways, I have no idea what to do or how to fix it and I have bought a computer game for my mother for christmas and I would like for her to be able to play it on christmas eve. I'm not tryin to rush anyone, but I'm at the end of my rope!
I don't know what Ps/2 or USB means! I've heard them before, but I have no idea now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.