1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intenet Sharing - Im going crazy

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MickyBee, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickyBee

MickyBee Thread Starter

Hi all, Im not a big expert on networking so apologies in advance.

I seem to be having a weird problem setting up Internet sharing across 2 computers.

My setup is as follows: The host pc has 2 network cards. One is connected to a static IP and the other I have setup to go out to a LAN which then links to my second pc.

The first network card contains all the static IP information provided to me.
    The second network card is setup as a static IP, 192.168.0.1
    I have setup Internet sharing on the first card to give access to the LAN.

All ok so far. When I turn on the second pc, it all works great, connects via the host and can browse the network fine.

The problem is on the host. I basically can't connect to the internet using IE and just get a standard page not found error. I know I can connect to the internet because Skype works a treat.

The weirdest thing of all is that every so often when trying I can get to google and search which is fine but if I try to open up another page it just gives an error.

I must say again that the second pc works fine.

A few things that may help, the host pc is a brand new out of the box pc and has only windows firewall which i have turned off with no effect. Also, there is no virus on the pc which I have checked. A final thing, I know it is not faulty because if i set it up as a standalone pc, it works fine on the internet.

Can anybody help, it really is sending me crazy

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Please do this on the Host and second PC.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538497

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice