1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

interactive documents

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by b1ffyi59, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. b1ffyi59

b1ffyi59 Thread Starter

Hello
    I would like to make a vocabulary list on which I could click on the word to hear the word.that would be for students to learn English in China.
    The list could either have radio buttons next to each word or the student could click dirrectly on the word.
    Is there any software that exists that would make it easier to accomplish this task?
    Thank you

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

3. b1ffyi59

b1ffyi59 Thread Starter

Thanks for this information.
    I already made the wav files for each lesson.I want to make something that would show a picture of my lesson which I can scan from the book and add the wav file on it.So the student can go to the lesson and hear my wav file.I will forget the clicking on words or radio buttons because some students could only use a stand alone DVD and a tv.If you know of a program that can do that,please let me know.I tried microsoft word,but it seems that I can only add an object that will open the wav file on my computer.so if students use that cd or dvd in another machine,they won't be able to hear the words.

Thanks.

4. kirbs_ph

kirbs_ph

would powerpoint do?

5. b1ffyi59

b1ffyi59 Thread Starter

Thanks
    Does a stand alone DVD play a powerpoint presentation?

6. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

That is surmounable.

Powerpoint can work.

In either case, as you would expect, any saved data, scores, restart pointd would have to be stored in the local user profile on the hard disk (which I think is default anyway.)

7. kirbs_ph

kirbs_ph

there are programs that convert powerpoint presentations into DVD video... unfortunately I haven't used any of them. Try searching google for the programs

8. b1ffyi59

b1ffyi59 Thread Starter

I finally did what I wanted and without any special program.I made all single small movies with windows movie maker and converted the movies to divx so that my stand alone dvd could read them.I then burned all the movies to a CD with burn for free which is better than Nero and free. The Children are happy to be able to study and practice their English listening.All this in China for the price of a CD.(less than 20 cents )

9. Stereofonic

Stereofonic

Cool (y) Congratulation! :)

10. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Congrats on figuring it out. Could you please mark the post as solved via the "thread tools" drop-down list at the top of your post?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644597

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice