1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Interent Explorer hijacked malware removed but pc eratic

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Kelzpics, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelzpics

Kelzpics Thread Starter

Hello. I have a computer issue that has caused the internet to become erratic and odd behavior - slow, windows opening and closing on their own, etc. Here is pc info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3682 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics, 384 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 453511 MB, Free - 411799 MB; D: Total - 22638 MB, Free - 2751 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 188B
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Here are the steps already taken to try and correct:

1. Tried removing outdated version of Norton antivirus unsuccessfully. Downloaded Avast and did boot scan which shows RAR archived files corrupt. Installed Firefox and began using that browser instead of IE.

2. Ran SpyBot S&D which found 125 problems and fixed.

3. Rebooted and issues still present.

Here are the issues:

1. Home network is erratic. Showing that I'm connected to the server but then homepage won't load, getting message not able to connect to proxy server. After connecting and reconnecting to network several times it will eventually load up pages but only then very slowly. Screen flickers, mouse pointer randomly goes where it wants, etc.

2. PC running very slowly, startup slow. When looking at performance, pc shows using 99% of CPU. Reboot and start over. I ran another boot scan and the Norton RAR corrupted files still being found.

3. Another thing I noticed is that games previously played on FB are now showing a new version of Adobe Flash is needed, but once download it never completes the install.

I ran HiJack This and have the log. Will post if requested.
    Any help appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice