Interesing probem launching software in Win XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

theskydrops

Hi! I'm using Windows XP, this problem started happening out of the blue recently. When I launch some programs (msn, ventrillo) nothing happens, but in the taskbar the program icon shows up likes its running, i can close the program using the taskbar, but nothing is on the screen. In msn i can sign in, and the main window comes up, but i conversation boxes do not, they only appear in the taskbar, any help would be awesome.(y)

If your right click them in the task bar and select Maximize. What happens?

theskydrops

nothing happens, you can't click maximize because ( my hypothesis at least) windows thinks the program is maximized, when u click minimize the restore button becomes active, but when I click that nothing happens either. Thx for the fast reply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online