Interested in linux!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

neon_glows

Hi guys,

Im relatively new to linux so looking for some info, i know this can be found on google but what cant be found is your opinion on whats the best linux OS to go for, now i have a slight problem the system im talking about is my second PC which is queit old and slow

Dell PII 350mhz
7gig HD
100mb Ram

Im interested in installing linux on this machine, i currently own a copy of mandrake (a 2year old free version) would this be adequate or should i download a different freeware version, whats the best version to use, i want to use this machine on a small home network with two windows xp machines and i plan to use it for java programming and internet access and general experimentation, if i find it useful/better i will trashed my good PC in my bedroom and remove winxp, id also consider a partition with winxp on my

Costum amd 64 3500
200gig SATA
1024mb ram

All info very helpfull!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online