Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting question, probably easy answer!

980 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  chrisdv98 
#1 ·
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to add the username and password information into a hyperlink so that as soon as the hyperlink is clicked it will go to the specific page and bypass the sign on screen.

The website in question has an .aspx ending to it. Have just found out i cannot post the exact site on these forums.

I notice this is an asp page and wonder if this is possible or not, I have 30 children accessing these hyperlinks at a time for a class and it would be helpful if each and everyone of them did not have to sign in.

Thanks
Chris

#3 ·
Hi, Since I am not sure of a few things, I can only tell you that group authorization is normally possible from the website end...they should be able to help you to allow automatic logon to the site in question. If the website is one you folks created and host well that is different...but if it is a domain that you are not part of, they would I think have to do the setup on their end. Normally, each user has to be authenticated, and usually this requires separate passwords and usernames for each machine connecting> but there is a way to create a group or to allow access to a list of users...so they don't have to log in> now, that's not something I know how to do, or a lot about, I am only reading the info to pass on to you... the exact site and situation you have may be entirely different. Worth a try to just ask the webmaster about what you want to do.
Perhaps they will help you create a login script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.