1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Interesting Question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by irishjoe, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irishjoe

irishjoe Thread Starter

Hi,

I was wondering if the following is possible or not.
    I want to put a message box on certain folders. To explain, when the user opens a certain folder, windows puts up a message on the screen with a message like "This folder is out of date, please use folder 3." or something along the same lines and then open the folder when they click "OK".
    I don't want to restrict access, I just want to give the user information when they enter a folder.

I have searched about a bit but I don't really know if it is possible and what to search for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. junker39

junker39

It'll take some searching but I think I saw this trick somewhere.
    Do a ggogle search for "registry tips and tricks".
    Here's a good one:
    http://www.mdgx.com/

3. irishjoe

irishjoe Thread Starter

Cool. Cheers mate. I'll give it a go...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/316413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice