1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Interface question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Draguar138, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draguar138

    Draguar138 Thread Starter

    May 11, 2018
    When using a program that involves a remote opposed to using a mouse using the directional pad we can move usually a border or a highlights area. My question is what is the term for the this movable area of selection?
  2. kenbok51


    May 31, 2011
    Typically highlighting files or folders on the PC is for copying (it's a move keeping the original files where they are and putting a copy somewhere else) or cut and paste (moving the files to a new place and removing them from the original). Are you trying to move the files by cutting or copying? I hope your remote device can do a right click, because that's where the copy or cut selections for the highlighted file are.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210080

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice