1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Interference with wireless keyboard and mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PetraB, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PetraB

PetraB Thread Starter

I recently bought an Anker Ultra Compact Bluetooth keyboard (to replace one I previously owned). After pairing it with my computer, I discovered that the keyboard interferes with my wireless mouse (a Logitech). Both are fine individually, but there is major interference (delays, repetition of letters) when I try to use both. I'm confused because my last keyboard worked just fine with this mouse. The only difference is that I used to use a MacBook. I've already tried a few things: uninstalling/reinstalling; making sure drivers are up to date; and trying it in different places in the house, but nothing works. I don't know what to do next!

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

Are both receivers using USB2 or 3? If you have both you can try one in USB3 and one in USB2 or just move the ports around.

3. PetraB

PetraB Thread Starter

My keyboard and mouse don't actually use the USB ports.

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

Do you have Bluetooth built in the motherboard? I am talking about the receivers for the wireless mouse and Bluetooth keyboard that plug in USB ports.

5. PetraB

PetraB Thread Starter

Yes, the Bluetooth antenna is built into my laptop.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!