1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intergrated video card not working help for a new one

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RomuloiAm, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RomuloiAm

RomuloiAm Thread Starter

So my computer's intergrated video card is not working and I have no warranty. Moniter isn't getting any signal.

If I purchase a new video card will I be able to use it without having to get a new motherboard?

It's an HP Pavilion model p6310f.

Will it be better to just buy a new computer? If I'm not able to use a new graphics card on it.

If getting a new graphics card is worth it, what is the best one I can get and the PSU i will need. Here are the specs.

Processor Type: AMD Athlon II 630 Quad-Core
    Hard Drive Size: 1TB & Up
    Processor - Clock Speed: 2.8GHz
    Multimedia Drive: Yes
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Monitor Size: N/A
    Graphics Type: NVIDIA GeForce 9100
    Resolution: N/A
    System Ram: 6gb
    Primary Color: Black
    Model No.: HP P6310F

Thank you.

The reason it broke is that my dad dropped it on Its side while moving it... *sigh*

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    How far was it dropped? Does it make any noise when you turn it on?

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Is the computer even booting up? Damaging the Integrated Graphics Adapter by dropping the computer on its side, would be difficult to do unless the Plug that the Video Cable itself is broken. I would suspect that there would be other damage, or at least Components jarred loose that might keep the computer from starting up. Such as Power Connections to the Motherboard, Ram jarred loose.

4. RomuloiAm

RomuloiAm Thread Starter

The computer does boot up and I able to hear the windows sound when booting. I know it is the video card because of the problems I was having with it before.

5. RomuloiAm

RomuloiAm Thread Starter

Self bump I guess...
    Since its been a while

6. replay

replay

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice