Intermitent Booting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

reidthaler

I had been having problems waking my computer from standby. Then I could boot (post)and took it too the shop and they said it was the power supply. They unplugged and plugged in the old power supply from the mobo and it booted. Then it stopped booting even after I plugged and unplugged the power supply from the mobo.

I bought a new powersupply last week, and it initally worked, but now I have the same issues. Sometimes it boots by plugging and unplugging the power supply (ps) other times, I have to wait a while before it boot. Sometimes I'm working and the computer will just freeze and I have to wait a while untill it'll reboot.

I recently replaced the cpu as it started to have problems, so the new one is only a few weeks old.

It seems like it may be a heat buid up issue, but I've got a big copper Thermalright heat sink with a rheostat to bring down the RPMs so it's not so noisey, but my temperature ranges are within what Intel said was OK.

I'm running an Asus P4P800 E Deluxe with a P4 3.0. 2 name brand RAM, Win XP Home.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Reid

Have a look at the large electrlytic capacitors in the vicinity of the CPU, on the motherboard.

If any are bulging or leaking, that is a prime cause.

There was an epidemic of poor quality caps in the market that has caused major problems in several makers boards.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online