1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intermittent Blurry Text

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GRudger, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GRudger

GRudger Thread Starter

Hi all,

I'm getting this weird blurriness of the text on my monitor. It only happens after then PC has been on for about 30 mins, which makes me think it has something to do with overheating. So, first I thought it was my Geforce MX440 (because the fan is noisy at startup, so I'm gonna get it )warrantied"), so I put my old TNT2 in, but it still did it. I haven't got a spare monitor, so I wont be able to test that for a while.

The font goes blurry (but not unreadable) for a while, then intermittently changes from blurry to normal, having this weird shadowy kind of thing to the right of the text.
    I've attached a jpg of a screenshot, I don't know if people will notice it, but believe me, after hours of looking at word, you get to notice it!

I have it on clear type now, and there's no blurriness on the text, but still on other things (like the cursor, the thing that blinks when you type).

What I want to know, is what is causing this, and does cleartype always look so weird on CRT's?

I have a Diamond View 1786FD

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      95.3 KB
      Views:
  2. GRudger

GRudger Thread Starter

Here is a pic of an icon on the desktop with cleartpye enabled. Doe it normally look so different from when there is no font smoothing? the shadow is reall dark and annoying.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 KB
      Views:
  3. GRudger

GRudger Thread Starter

Also, my resolution is 1280 x 1024 @75Hz, but if I go down to 1024 x 768, it doesn't happen.

4. GRudger

GRudger Thread Starter

I have tested my PC with another monitor and it doesn't happen with the new monitor. Also, I used my monitor on another computer, and it doesn't go blurry. So I have ruled out the monitor, and the videocard, does that mean it could be the motherboard?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice