1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intermittent Internet Loss

Discussion in 'Networking' started by AIRguy, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AIRguy

AIRguy Thread Starter

I recently started a new job where I am the only IT person supporting the network. The guy before has a network running a small office on a Fortinet 50b router. It has 3 T1 lines and a cable modem(dhcp) connecting to the internet. The T1 line has a router box with 3 IPs. It is setup so that 1 IP connects to a windows 2003 web server running Apache, another to an linux email server, and another to a linux server with VOIP and VPN. He connected the cable line only 1 week before he left for his new job.
    Whereas I consider myself to be advanced in windows and help desk support, I am only a little above average when it comes to networking. The problem I'm having is that every once in a while the T1 line loses connection with our network and our web site goes down. This only seems to happen between 12:00am and 1:00am and mostly on the weekends. The cable line still has a connection which I am able to remote in through and reboot the router to get everything working again. We also were having an issue where emails where not being forwarded to our new google apps email. Whenever I route our email through the cable line, emails go through just fine. The problem with this is, since it's dhcp, a lot of business will think it's spam and not accept it. I've managed to fix the email issue (I think) by disabling some of the crappy services the were on the fortinet router. Since the cable connection doesn't go down, I contacted the t1 provider and had them test the line. They say everything is fine and blame the router, I tend to agree with them. I order a new cisco router but haven't set it up yet. I'm just wondering if anybody has any ideas since this only seems to happen at certain times. I've been at a loss.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1048404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice