1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intermittent OS Hangs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kailasa108, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kailasa108

kailasa108 Thread Starter

Aloha!
    I am having intermittent system hangs of about 5 seconds or less.
    The system "freezes"..no input allowed...cursor freezes...any audio playing seems to loop on one sound.
    I've tested memory and HDD...both OK.
    I've also run SFC...no problems found.
    I've checked all of the drivers...no device problems reported. I've even removed all old drivers that are no longer needed.
    Have the problem whether in normal mode, or in SAFE mode logged into the Administrator account.
    I don't find any errors in the event log either.
    There's no consistency that I've seen yet...hang can happen at any time doing anything...once the system is fully booted.
    (Bootup always goes fine.)

If you can, I would like some advice on how to troubleshoot this...I'm fairly good at sleuthing XP...I just don't know where to start at this level.

Mahalo!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065490