Intermittent/Partial Internet in Home

Nick8472

Hopefully someone here can help me! I have Spectrum Gig internet and I keep having partial outages like once a week (usually at night between 1-4 am). Some Wi-Fi devices go down and some hardline PCs go down, but not everything at once. Spectrum says they don't see any signal issues. I have tried their modem and mine (Surfboard S33). I currently have 6 Eero Pros all hardwired together throughout the house. I have even tried swapping my gateway Eero. I have no idea how I can have a partial internet outage. That doesn't even make sense! I can't even Google the answer because no one else seems to have ever had this issue. Before I upgraded to Gig last year, I had Turbo with only 1-2 issues in a 4 year span.

Please if anyone has ANY ideas at all would be great! (Oh and FYI they did come out once and they told me the signal was coming in to strong and installed a limiter on it to reduce the strength).

Hopefully someone here can help me! I have Spectrum Gig internet and I keep having partial outages like once a week (usually at night between 1-4 am). Some Wi-Fi devices go down and some hardline PCs go down, but not everything at once. Spectrum says they don't see any signal issues. I have tried their modem and mine (Surfboard S33). I currently have 6 Eero Pros all hardwired together throughout the house. I have even tried swapping my gateway Eero. I have no idea how I can have a partial internet outage. That doesn't even make sense! I can't even Google the answer because no one else seems to have ever had this issue. Before I upgraded to Gig last year, I had Turbo with only 1-2 issues in a 4 year span.

Please if anyone has ANY ideas at all would be great! (Oh and FYI they did come out once and they told me the signal was coming in to strong and installed a limiter on it to reduce the strength).
This seems like an issue with the Internet signal from the broadband carrier, itself. Likely, resynching of connectivity is occurring at this time you are referring to. Given the timing being at night, it should not be a major issue of concern since it only happens once a week. However, if it begins to become a more often reoccurring problem in daytime hours or evening hours, it would be worth bringing the issue up with Spectrum again. At that point, potential router or line issues could be looked into again. Night hours are most preferred for resynching of network systems in various areas of components.

Nick8472

This seems like an issue with the Internet signal from the broadband carrier, itself. Likely, resynching of connectivity is occurring at this time you are referring to. Given the timing being at night, it should not be a major issue of concern since it only happens once a week. However, if it begins to become a more often reoccurring problem in daytime hours or evening hours, it would be worth bringing the issue up with Spectrum again. At that point, potential router or line issues could be looked into again. Night hours are most preferred for resynching of network systems in various areas of components.
That's what I was thinking. Unfortunately this is the time most of us are on the computer. 3 of us work 3rd, and a 4th gets on after working second shift. This is our peak gaming time. It really sucks when we get booted after 3-4 hours of gameplay (sometimes un-savable). I just don't understand why. I had Spectrum Turbo for 4 years without any issue, now that I got Gig it goes down weekly! So frustrating. Especially with 6 roommates showing up in my living room at 3am yelling about their games!

crjdriver

I recently fixed an issue similar to yours; intermittent loss of signal. Mine was during the afternoon. What I did was take apart every connection from where it enters my house to my modem. Cleaned every connection with contact cleaner then reassembled. It has now been approx 1 month; no loss of signal.

That's just a link to my post on a different site. I cross posted to try and hit a wider range of people. Thanks tho!
Posting the same question to multiple forums at the same time is often considered impolite.

Nick8472

I recently fixed an issue similar to yours; intermittent loss of signal. Mine was during the afternoon. What I did was take apart every connection from where it enters my house to my modem. Cleaned every connection with contact cleaner then reassembled. It has now been approx 1 month; no loss of signal.
I'll try this! Thanks!

Nick8472

Posting the same question to multiple forums at the same time is often considered impolite.
Even on different websites? It was an entirely different domain with a different login and group of people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online