1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intermittent sleep issue - Asus Zenbook

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DebboR, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DebboR

DebboR Thread Starter

Hi!

I have an Asus Zenbook UX301LA which has a very annoying problem. Sometimes after the laptop goes into sleep mode (after closing the lid, inactivity, ...), I am not able to turn it back on.

The power led is blinking, and the power button is not responding. If I however hit space (or any other key), the power led goes solid on, but the display stays black and the laptop is not responsive.
    The only way out is force a shutdown (holding power button), and restart.

This only happens in about 1 out of 3 times the laptop goes into sleep mode.

Also, if this problem is occuring, I do not believe that the computer is completely into sleep mode and thus still powered on, as it still is hot to the touch (which it isn't if the sleep works normally).

The problem started when I reinstalled Windows 10 on the machine. It was working perfectly before the reinstall.

My SysInfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4558U CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8075 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 5100, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 216 GB (38 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., UX301LAA
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

I have looked everywhere, but I can't find any solution for this problem. All drivers are updated to the latest version on the Asus support site.

Thanks in advance,
    DebboR

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1182323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice