1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intermittent Sound Problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by JTERRY, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTERRY

JTERRY Thread Starter

Windows 98 OS – Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard – I have been having an intermittent sound problem, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. There are no conflicts anywhere on my system. I was told it could be my sound card so I replaced it yesterday and it worked fine, then today when I started up and no sound. The only thing I noticed when I go to control panel/multimedia/devices; there are two red arrows next to audio compression codecs and video compression codecs, and none beside everything else. They were also there before I installed the new soundcard. The only line in my autoexec.bat is SETBLASTER A220 15 D1 T4 with a checkmark next to it and in Config.sys DEVICE= C:\WINDOWS\SETSERVE.EXE with a checkmark next to it - Should there be more in these areas? Hope this helps.
    After reading some other threads on this subject I see irq's could be a problem here is my list
    0 System timer
    1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
    2 Programmable interrupt controller
    3 U.S. Robotics 56K Voice INT PnP
    4 Communications Port (COM1)
    5 (free)
    6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
    7 ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
    8 System CMOS/real time clock
    9 Santa Cruz PCI Audio Accelerator
    9 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
    9 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    9 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    10 Cinemaster C WDM Main Driver
    10 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    11 STB nVIDIA TNT 16MB
    11 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse Port
    13 Numeric data processor
    14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    14 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
    15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)

there are conflicts but I 'm not sure what to do

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice