1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Intermittent stuttering in all Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by adelbertz, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adelbertz

adelbertz Thread Starter

Hello,

I have just built a new PC and need some help with it. :eek:. The specs are as follows:

Antec 900 Case
    Asus M2N-VM-HDMI Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64x2 6000+ 3.1ghz
    4GB DDR2 1066 RAM
    Antec Neo HE 550 GB High Efficiency 550W PSU
    WD Caviar SE 640GB SATA II 7200rpm 16MB HDD
    Sony Optiarc SATA DVDRW
    Nvidia 9800GT 1gb DDR3 PCI-E Graphics Card
    Creative Soundblaster Live! 24-bit Sound Card
    Windows XP Pro SP2.

Nothing has been overclocked. It is all brand new from the boxes.

The problem I'm having is a Framerate Stutter/Slowdown. It happens on all DirectX and OpenGL games I have tried, on even the lowest quality settings (X3:TC, RA3, rFactor, GPBikes, TDU, PES2009, Trainz06, ArmA, BF2, FS:X). What happens is, the game will run great (40fps+) for anything from 30 seconds to 2 minutes, then for about 6 seconds it will drop to single figures, before running great again for another 30 seconds to 2 minutes or so. This is very annoying! :(

I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. I have the AMD Dual Core Optimizer installed, Microsoft Update KB896256 andAMD Processor Driver Version 1.3.2.0053. I have tried several different versions of the nForce drivers, as well as the GeForce drivers.

I don't think it's a graphics card issue though, as I took the 9800gt out, and put it into an older system, and it runs great there. I also put a ATI X1950 pro into this new system, and it does exactly the same thing (random stuttering, though with a lower starting framerate and on lower settings).

I have ran MemTest86+ on the ram 3 times and that told me there was no errors. Everything is showing up as it should in the system information. Also, Music & Video (YouTube, Windows Media Player etc) all run for hours, with no issues.

I am really stuck with this, and would appreciate any advice. It's been a few years since I've put a PC together, so maybe there's a BIOS setting or something somewhere I am missing. Thanks for reading. Take care,

Andrew

2. blinkage182

blinkage182

i know this is isnt much of help or answer but exact same problem, sorta different setup.
    I have amd 64 x2 6000+ 3.1ghz
    2gb crucial 800mhz
    ati hd 4670 512mb
    vx-450w corsair PSU
    asus m2n-mx se plus mobo
    win xp sp3

no overclocks, i've run crysis, far cry, fallout 3, time shift, everything set to low, high or medium and no sucess, this is really getting to me, some1 out there must have some kind of fix.

thanks in advance..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/773929

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice