1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internal Error, 2503 ~ 2502

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Pursuit777, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pursuit777

Pursuit777 Thread Starter

Running XP Home, Version 2002, Service Pack 2. Had to turn off automatic updates as it continually downloaded IE7 which did not seem compatable as my programs started showing errors.
    Uninstalled IE7.
    Researching left me with the impression the error regarded Windows installer. I downloaded KB893803-V2-86 EXE. Still get the error whenever trying to download any programs.
    One suggestion was to download REG CURE to resolve issue. 29.95 and 795 errors later and I still have the problem. After 5 runs on Reg Cure it finally showed no problems!
    Sorry to say I still get the error report.
    I have googled this and find numerous responses which are all over my head! Any simple explanation without getting into the registry?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

2. Pursuit777

Guess my problem is above all the pro's heads also!

Have a missing XP file and need to format XP!!!

Took a learner to tell me that!

Thanks

3. 12tipp12

12tipp12

maybe you should be patient and wait your turn like everybody else

4. oshwyn5

oshwyn5

These are MSI/ Windows Installer errors
    http://www.appdeploy.com/faq/detail.asp?id=79
    http://desktopengineer.com/msierrors
    Is a list
    here are yours
    2502: Called InstallFinalize when no install in progress
    2503: Called RunScript when not marked in progress.

There are a great many possible causes depending on what you are doing and how.
    It could be that a virus has altered default permissions on some involved registry keys or you have a registry locker preventing the install from proceeding.
    The registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer should be set to propagate down by selecting the check box that reads: "Replace permission entries on all child objects ..."
    and the permissions as follows
    Administrators - Full Control
    System - Full Control
    Everyone - Read
    Or the NTFS security settings for the %systemroot/windows/installer folder have been altered (or as I say a security program locked access)

It could potentially happen if you are installing from a zip folder without extracting or you copied a read only folder from a cd and failed to change the permissions.

It could happen if you have a previous version with incorrect date or with protection such as a trial version which is designed to prevent you from just uninstalling and reinstalling the program to get another thirty days.
    Complete and thorough removal of all files and folders from the previous install is required along with related registry entries.

It can be caused in the case of an online installer or interactive active x controlled installer if a firewall is preventing the installer from communicating with the update site or if there are two or more firewalls (one hardware and one software for example) running.

5. Pursuit777

Thanks oshwin5 for the professional response! You are spot on! A shop formatted my computer and used their format version which I find is not the original!

"maybe you should be patient and wait your turn like everybody else"

12tipp12? I quit waiting in line in the third grade! That was 1946!

Again, thanks for the pertinant info, oshwyn5

6. 12tipp12

12tipp12

ha ha ha ha ha you're funny

7. Pursuit777

Thanks! Sonny !! :D (y)

8. 12tipp12

12tipp12

don't mention it granma

9. Pursuit777

You must be blind! "Granma"? Course I notice you are a "Senior" Member! Perhaps your eyesight is lacking! I may have spoke out of turn. Not wanting to disrespect my elders! Have a good day!

10. 12tipp12

12tipp12

i refer back to post no 6

11. Pursuit777

Whatever makes you happy, Pops!

12. 12tipp12

12tipp12

and good day to you sir

Bill

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!