1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internal hard disk drive not found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aya964, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aya964

Aya964 Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Windows Vista. it's 3 years old and out of warranty.

There was no problem with this computer before but it crashed today. When I tried to start my laptop, I receive a message “internal hard disk drive not found” “To resolve this issue, try to reseat the drive.” “No bootable devices—strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility. “Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics.”

I took out hard disk and put it back but it didn't work

I have not backed up anything from this computer and I really needit fixed asap
    please help me!

2. Hughv

Hughv

I assume this drive doesn't appear in the BIOS?
    It might be easiest to burn a Linux Live CD (Ubuntu will work) and see if it can access the files.
    You could also remove the drive and connect via USB adapter.
    Insert usual comment about backups here.

3. Aya964

Aya964 Thread Starter

Thank you for reply. I can go to BIOS but I don't know what to do. Is this problem hard to solve if I don't know anything about computer?

4. Hughv

Hughv

The hard drive is usually shown in the first screen of the BIOS (Setup).
    If it's not there, you're going to have try another method, as suggested above.

5. Aya964

Aya964 Thread Starter

Is it a blue screen with bunch of categories?

6. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Normally yes, press F2 for Setup when it prompts to.

Usually use the arrow keys to navigate around the BIOS screens (something like the ones here.)

Under the System area (top of the list on the left) it should list attached devices, you should see a hard drive of some kind and probably a CD/DVD drive of some kind.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1020722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice