1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internal hdd not recognizing for my dell inspiron 5050 laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rajeshvb, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajeshvb

rajeshvb Thread Starter

my laptop suddenly stoped working while playing fifa 13, and after turning it on didnt start,after diagnosing i found hdd not recognizing ,what shall i do please help me i am in lot of trouble.

2. dai

dai

check if you can see it in the bios first

if not remove it and then put it back and see if you can now see it

3. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    If that doesnt work and its not showing in the BIOS or boot order chances are the hard drive is failing or has failed.hopefully what you dont want to lose for good is saved somewhere such as a cd/dvd so it wont be lost forever.if im not mistaken on that particular model getting to the hard drive isnt as easy as it is on a lot of laptops. i think the keyboard has to be removed to do so. if thats the case and the hard drive needs replaced you might want to take it somewhere and have them replace the drive for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1109364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice