1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internal Mic problems with Toshiba Satellite P755

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gypscot, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gypscot

gypscot Thread Starter

Hello,

I joined this website because my internal mic is messed up. I bought this new laptop (toshiba satellite) about a month ago and the mic/camera was working perfectly fine, but now the mic can barely pick up my voice. If i put my mouth directly up to the mic I can hear feedback on my speakers, but it's static. Even when I record it picks up nothing. Soooo my question is how do i fix this.

Things ive tried so far:

-uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers
    -looking for driver updates; they were all up to date
    -troubleshooting both the speakers and the microphone, no problems were detected
    -realtek audio manager: I boosted the mic as loud as it can go
    -realtek audio manager: I separated the mic, which gave me 2 mics: the original mic and a front panel mic (black). The front panel mic is not connected so i'm assuming that this is the microphone that is used for the headset.
    -enabled stereo mix
    -messed with the mic properties

all of this and i still got nothing... please help!!!

I'm in india right now for 6 months and this happened as soon as i got over here and I'm trying to skype with friends and family. Like i said before traveling it worked fine, but now the mic is barely picking up anything. It is possible that something could have happened while traveling, but I made sure it was secured in my laptop bag during the trip. I've checked countless websites and tried so many things, but still nothing. Hopefully you guys have the answers.

2. gypscot

gypscot Thread Starter

is there anyone who has the answer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059024

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice