Internal Networking

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Audioman1

I have a dual network motherboard [Gigabyte (GA-7NNXP)] I just bought a new router Linksys RT41P2-AT, I connected it yesterday and it worked for 20 min. then it started disconnecting for no reason then reconnecting, This happens about every 5 min. No matter what or how many pc's I connect to it. Linksys support seems to think that resetting the router can solve every problem, I don't think they really know what there doing there. anyway to the question.
Is it possible to connect the wife's pc to my pc so it can access the Internet so the wife can use her system?, we keep no important info on our systems.
This is the set-up.
I'm connected to the internet thru a 10/100 ethernet card. the 2 network connections on the MB are not in use.
there are 2,, (1394 net adapters) and a (Nvidia nForce MCP Networking Controller), and a (Intel (R) Pro/1000 MT Network Connection). If anyone knows a way to do this thou my board could you please explain it.

Does your wife's machine stay connected when connected directly to the router?

Audioman1

I bought a new router today and everything is working, at least till the hurricane gets here sunday.... I deceided not to connect my 2 Tivo's to the router I think thats what screwed the last 2 up.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I can't imagine why a TiVo would affect your router, mine has been connected for a long time to several different routers here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online