1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internal Speaker producing all sound?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by steven1350, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steven1350

steven1350 Thread Starter

I have this old computer which I dont use anymore, but there is something about it that left me quite confused:confused:

It has a sound card, but the external spreakers produce no sound. Instead, the internal speaker produces all the sounds:confused: :confused: :confused: (which gives terrible quality because the case is closed, and its a crappy speaker anyways). I never changed any of the computers settings, but one day it was like that and never changed back.

Any explanations (I dont use the computer and prolly wont (it doesnt even have an OS installed (ready for trash))?

Just want to figure this one out. Its an old compaq p-i with < 128 RAM (I think its like 32MB)

2. junker39

junker39

If it doesn't have an operating system installed, what sounds are you hearing besides the BIOS beep(s)?

3. steven1350

it did this when an operating system was insatalled ( i erased the os (win98) because i might throw it out and I dont want any data on it). Im not trying to fIx it, I just am curious ti know what made it do that

4. steven1350

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/494807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice