Internal to External?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cv50

PC crapped out, but HDD is still ok. If I put this drive into external USB enclosure, will I be able access it from another PC?

Yes if the hard drive was not affected. You will be able to access your data, but not run programs.

Snagglegaster

Banned
Maybe. You won't know until you try. My suggestion is that if you have access to another computer, see if you can connect the drive to it as an internal drive before you buy an enclosure or adapter that may not work. You don't have to actually install the drive; just open the case and connect it to the power supply and MOBO. Make sure it is sitting on a non-conductive surface like an antistatic bag or ESD foam. USB drive adapters and external enclosures are really useful, but you don't have to buy either of them just to test a drive.

cv50

If I try & connect internal to another comp, will the there be a conflict with the MOBO because it is different?

when u connect it to another computer it will NOT be the boot drive,it will show when windows loads then u can drag your files off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online