Internet access but no web browsing on windows server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NEW-IT

Hey guys im still new in this field
i have middle level knowledge about networking
but Im having this problem
that on windows server 2008 r2 the netwrok connection indicates that it is connected to the internet but when i browse any website
its not working and error "timed out"
thank you in advance

The default browser security on Windows server can be paranoid at times. This must be to minimise chances of system intrusion by a malware of some sort while browsing the Internet.

However, you could try and verify if your server can talk to outside hosts using the ping command.
Open up the commandline and run
ping google.com

If there is a response, then your computer is able to access the Internet and this may be a problem with a firewall or browser security.

NEW-IT

it turned out to be that the problem occurred after i installed Microsoft Windows TMG 2010 on my windows server 2008 r2
i formatted my server , the internet was working just fine
but after i installed MTG 2010
the same problem occurred and it is displaying on Mozilla Firefox "SSL ERROR RX RECORD TOO LONG"
Id appreciate any help
thank you

You might want to take a look at this article/blog regarding a similar problem between Mozilla and TMG. Article here.

It seems like your problem is most likely some mismatch between the SSL certificate received by Firefox and the one inspected by TMG 2010. Try using a different browser like Chrome and see if it returns a similar error code. Or you could try what appears to be his solution and use TMG as the proxy server for firefox and see if that solves it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online