1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet access control required...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mohammad_tns, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mohammad_tns

mohammad_tns Thread Starter

Hi, all;

i want to be able to do the following... if anyone could help me... i would appreciate it..

my pc is running win xp sp2 and another sp3 --- (2pcs)
    on pc 1 there r 6 user accounts including 2 admin a/c
    i want 3 users to have internet access while on the same time on the same pc deny internet access to the other 3 users

on pc 2 i want to be able to deny internet access but allow network access
    if u need any more details please mail me

can this be done?
    please reply...

2. karlhaywood

karlhaywood Account Closed

Ok for the pc2 problem deny internet access but allowing network access you need to
    Remove the DNS Server and Default Gateway addresses, that will disable the Internet access and leave your local file/print sharing working. For your other problem take a look at this link below this give you a step-by-step guide into setting permissions for internet access on specific user accounts.

http://www.christianblog.com/blog/a...access-in-windows-for-specific-user-accounts/

Hope this helps you, if not get back in touch! (y)

3. mohammad_tns

dear karl, thanks for the info...
    i will try that...
    the link was good.. i did that already...
    u know what happened they used firefox to access the internet... and also it did not block the download manger...

well thanks for your advice...
    i'm also searching for a solution... if i find one will post it here for others to see...

keep in touch!

4. karlhaywood

karlhaywood Account Closed

Just get rid of the firefox and download IE8, then you can use the simple solution above. Ill try and find something to work with firefox though.

5. mohammad_tns

thanks again for your dedication.... i highly appreciate the efforts...

i didnt install firefox ... i already have ie8 installed..

the users downloaded a portable version of firefox and had access to the internet...

so thats how the above didnt work.. it works for ie8 though... added u deny access to ie settings

keep in touch... bye!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972239

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice