1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Access issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by copyguy, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copyguy

copyguy Thread Starter

I have a Dell insperon mini 10. It is running Windows 7 Starter. ver 6.1.7600build 7600. Belongs to my son. Says he could not get onto the internet since the summer. I played a bit and decided to just reset to factory settings. Still can not get on ther web. It says I am connected, but no access. When I troubleshoot it says there may be a DNS problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Sorry for the cross post on this issue.

2. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

Is this just wireless and have you tried ethernet to see if that works? If it works with ethernet you can post direct replies using that connection,

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows 7.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt or Start, type cmd in the Search Bar at the bottom of the menu, then right clik on CMD in the results to select "Run as Administrator".

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

Reopen a Command Prompt. You do not need to use "run as Administrator for this.In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

What does Device Manager show for Network Adapters. Post a screenshot, especially if any red/yellow trouble markers are showing.
    To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
    To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
    Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_...g_a_Screenshot

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice