internet access problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ttimmerm

This may be kind of a stupid question but the IT guys at my work seem to be ignoring me, so did nto know if someone could help me. I have a laptop I bring back and forth from home to work. At home I am running a wireless network and have no probelms getting online but when I go to work I have huge problems. It is not wireless there, I have to plug in, and after about 5 minutes of no problems online it boots me off sometimes telling me there is an IP conflict. Anyway, I guess my question is: Is there a way to be able to use my laptop both at home and work and if so what is the procedure for setting this up.
I have XP Home edition. Thanks for the help.

Three things to try. (1)You can disconnect from the wireless network before shutting down. Rightclick on wireless icon in the bottom right corner of your screen, view wireless networks, disconnect.
(2) Rightclick on wireless icon and disable.
(3) Start, run, type cmd, then hit enter. type ipconfig /release (note space before /)

#3 is a sure thing as it releases the ip address your router at home assigns your computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online