1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet acess but cant able to browse ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joses, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joses

joses Thread Starter

Recently i reset my router setting via 192.168.1.1, now my actual settings changed. also my modem internet light blinks in red. i have internet access but cant able to browse. I entered my username & password correctly but still my modem internet light blinks in red. what i have to do now please assist me friends. :(

when i again enter via 192.168.1.1, it displays no ip address, empty primary dns and secondary dns.

2. joses

joses Thread Starter

please solve my issue. i ll give u more details about my issue, if u confused

3. Lucky09

Lucky09

Hi,

Red internet light indicates authentication failure. If you can get still get default gateway address which is usually by default as 192.168.1.1, it means the computer can recognize the router.
    To verify that, you can go to command prompt and type "ping 192.168.1.1"
    If the results turn to be 4 sents, 4 received and 0 lost, you don't need to worry about the connection from the computer to the router (or vice versa).

now to resolved it, your router must be properly configured for it to be recognized by your ISP.
    - open a browser and access the default gateway by typing 192.168.1.1 at the address bar
    - log in to the routers GUI (Graphic User Interface). default username and password depends on the router.
    - once you have logged in to the router's page, there is a part there where you can put your account info provided by your ISP (Usually, username and password is your email through your ISP)
    - save the new settings and observe if the internet green light will be on

Note: there are different ways on how to configure the modem/router. It depends on ISP, Connection type (PPPOE/DHCP), modem/router's model.

IF it still not working, please reply me back with the following:
    1. Operating system
    2. ISP
    3. Connection type (PPPoE or DHCP)
    4. is it a modem alone? a modem roter? or a modem and a router and what's thier model/brand?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice