Internet acting very strange.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CrazyRussian

Hi,
I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.1, and lately my internet has been doing very strange things. When I go to some sites (very random selection.. some work, some dont), Firefox gives me the "Unable to connect.. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at..." error.
Some times when I take the "www." out of the url, i get a basic layout of the site, but all the images and links are broken. Other sites work perfectly fine, others don't work no matter how I type the url in. I check all these "broken" sites on another computer on my network, and they all work just fine.. just not on my computer.
I check my firewall, cleared my cashe, deleted my cookies.. did everything I could think of, but I'm still getting this problem.

Any ideas?

Try Firefox in safe mode.
Start> Mozilla Firefox> Mozilla Firefox(Safe Mode).
If it works ok, then it is an extension or theme effecting Firefox. If it doesn't work,
create a new profile and see if the problem is corrected.

Did you flush the DNS cache? Check your host file and make sure you aren't blocked there.
About everything I can think of is covered on the link you posted.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online